Saturday 10 October 2020

October's Cross Canada Blog Hop-Comfort & Joy

 Welcome to the August Cross Canada Blog Hop where we will be highlighting the paper pack Comfort & Joy themed creations. You will be taken for a virtual trip across Canada to view other projects from my fellow CTMH consultants. 


If you came from Colleen's blog , you are on the right track, click the link at the bottom of my post to head over to Janet's blog. We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we enjoy the feedback from our guests to our blogs. Let us know if you enjoyed a technique or the paper pack. If you are interested in finding out more or where you can get your hands on some of these goodies for yourself, you can contact me or head on over to my website to place an order.  justscrapit.closetomyheart.ca 

I started creating Christmas cards using this brightly coloured paperpack. It's never too early to start on Christmas! I have not put any sentiments on yet as I was doing a bulk set of cards for the moment and will choose what I want to go on the front depending on who I will be sending it to. 

I love how bright this pack is and how it reminds me of Christmas when I was a child. I used the coordinating cardstock as a matte on the card base, and used the patterned paper as the focal point. On the Poinsettia paper, I used the Icicle Stickles in the centers to add a little dimension and sparkle. On the gnomes, I coloured it in using the Red Shimmer Brush giving it a bright and glittery look. These gnomes are adorable! This set came from a previous mini catalog, but can still be purchased online. Our new catalog features 2 more gnome stamp sets that you could use in place of the one I used. 


 





















 




Supplies used:

Comfort & Joy Paperpack X7261B
Comfort & Joy Coordinating Cardstock X7261C
Icicle Stickles Z3785
Red Shimmer Brush Z4223
Gnome Matter Stamp & Thincut Set Z3741 
Intense Black Exclusive Ink Stamp Pad Z4189


Paper Trimmer- Z1783
Adhesive-Z3372
White Cards & Envelope Value Pack X254
Non Micro-tip Scissors-Z1836
3"x3" My Acrylic Block Y1006

I really enjoyed creating with this paper pack. I loved the Christmas theme, and I can't wait for Christmas! Now I just need to make my Christmas card list of who to give to. Do you prefer to make homemade cards or buy cards to give out? Leave a comment below to let me know. (I know, we haven't even got through Halloween yet and here I am talking about Christmas!)

I hope you are enjoying everyone's projects. You are now heading off to Kristine's blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment